Year 27 was one of my favorites so far. I went skiing in Utah, sunbathing in Hilton Head, and hiking in Iceland. I experienced beauty in the small and big things. I moved in with the love of my life. My mom got married, and I magically got bonus siblings and nieces and nephews. I got a new job, and found a career I feel fulfilled by. I found my joy.
Here are 27 reflections from what has been one of the best years of my life.
- Leave room in your heart for the people you don’t know will walk in to it.
- If you don’t like something, change it.
- Fear is not an excuse.
Do the scary thing first, and get scared second.
4. Take adventures.
5. See the Northern Lights
6. Embrace hugs
7. Real connections matter more than virtual ones.
8. You are stronger than you know.
9. You never know what’s going through someone’s mind.
10. Kindness is important
11. Buy more than one pair of work shoes
12. Don’t be afraid to try new things
13. Makeup tutorials can help even the most Tom boyish of us.
14. You should be fulfilled by your job. If you’re not, change it.
15. It is OK to forgive others
16. & It’s okay to take the high road.
17. If it’s not life or death, it can be handled.
18. Life is not a competition. It does not have to be.
19. I like Android products. Be together, not the same.
20. Take self care seriously.
21. Pop doesn’t taste good to me anymore.
22. If you’re giving all of yourself to someone else, there’s nothing left for you.
23. Decluttering your house feels really good.
24. Do something each day to be 1% better.
25. If you’re having trouble getting your cookies to bake correctly, try cooling the trays.
26. Being honest is important.
27. Treat yourself with love.